Unwin - Unwin - 3 Point Safety Belt
- Demo Video
The passenger restraint forms a separate lap belt and shoulder belt thanks to the split webbing reel.
- The Double Inertia Split Reel is produced with red and black webbings. The red webbing is used as the shoulder belt whilst the black webbing is used as the lap belt, enabling drivers and carers to quickly ascertain whether their passengers are safely secured for transport.
- The passenger restraint comprises of a reversible stalk that can rotate to fit either side of the vehicle and a black housing reel.
- The passenger restraint is available as a 2 point system, or a 3 point system with the additional purchase of the upper anchorage point.
- A sliding comfort clip offers a more comfortable fit for the passenger.
- The passenger restraint is normally chosen for wheelchair occupants with good upper body control.
Unwin recommends the use of a 3 point occupant restraint system to provide greater protection in case of an impact. However, we also recognise that some vehicle layout/designs or specific postural or medical conditions do not allow that style of seat belt to be used easily. This system is not ISO-10542 compliant if used in 2 point configuration.
In accordance with international standards, Unwin occupant restraints are designed to be used for passengers weighing 22kg and above. If the passenger weighs less than 22kg, Unwin recommends that a suitable, and appropriately compliant child restraint system is used. This may involve a secondary seatbelt restraint as recommended by the original seat manufacturer.
This product is not available to purchase online. Please contact the office for more information.