Unwin - Unwin - Rear Webbing Restraint with Split Reel Double Inertia
The combined systems comprise a wheelchair tie-down and an occupant restraint.
- The combined systems are a wheelchair tie-down with a split reel double inertia passenger restraint for both safety and comfort.
- All systems are available with either Karabiner hooks or Tongue & Buckle to provide a wider choice of wheelchair restraint options.
- The wheelchair restraint incorporates a sleek over-centre buckle for easy operation, a shorter webbing length for added versatility and a stop button for additional safety benefit.
- The passenger restraint comprises a reversible stalk to fit either side of the vehicle and a black housing reel with red and black webbings for high visibility for the drivers or carers.
- The passenger restraint is available as a 2 point system or a 3 point system with the additional purchase of the upper anchorage point.
Unwin recommends the use of a 3 point occupant restraint system to provide greater protection in case of an impact. However, we also recognise that some vehicle layout/designs or specific postural or medical conditions do not allow that style of seatbelts to be used easily. This system is not ISO - 10542 compliant if used in 2 point configuration.
In accordance with international standards, Unwin occupant restraints are designed to be used for passengers weighing 22kg and above. If the passenger weighs less than 22kg, Unwin recommends that a suitable, and appropriately compliant child restraint system is used. This may involve a secondary seat belt restraint as recommended by the original seat manufacturer.
This product is not available to purchase online. Please contact the office for more information.