We offer a wide range of vehicle steps including single, double, motorised and manual models. They are suitable for a range of vehicles and are an ideal adaptation for aiding entry/exit. Contact the office on 0161 776 1594 to find out more about the full range of steps available.
SF Series Step (SF450)
SF Series Steps:
The SF Series of side door fold out steps have been designed to be mounted on the floor of front wheel drive vans or in the standard step well of the higher floored rear wheel drive models. When deployed, they provide a step of 250mm depth approximately 240mm below their mounted height. They have a folded depth of only 185mm. These steps have 4 main advantages:
- They do not interfere with the door lower track
- When mounted in a standard vehicle step well, they increase the step well depth by a further 75mm. This can save on expensive body/floor alterations.
- They do not require any support from the outer sill surface of the vehicle.
- They are extremely easy and quick to mount on a vehicle.
Virtually all constructed of anodised aluminium, with nylon bearings in the pivot joints, these steps are light and easy to use. They have the advantage of internal stowage and therefore do not affect the ground clearance of the vehicle or suffer from exposure to the elements encountered under the vehicle. They can be deployed in an emergency from inside the vehicle with a kick.
Each step comes with a pair of 8mm thick steel floor mounting plates and 6mm backing plates which are securely bolted to the vehicle floor or step well platform. There are alternative mounting plates which pick up on the step well back wall for applications where it is not possible to bolt through the step well floor. They are easily installed into a vehicle and the step unit can be quickly detached from the mounting plates for servicing or cleaning.
The SF450 manual step is deployed standing outside the vehicle and simply pulling on the grab handle to swing the step out through the doorway and lower it to its fully deployed position. It is stowed again from standing outside the vehicle and lifting the grab handle to fold it back through the doorway until it is fully loaded and retained by the anti-rattle spring clips.
- Tread width: 450mm
- Tread height below floor mounting height: 240mm
- Minimum step well width to mount step: 575mm
- Minimum step well depth to mount step: 185mm
- Extruded anodised aluminium ribbed tread profile
- Extruded anodised aluminium side arms and links
- Nylon pivot bearings
- Rubber tiger strip to top tread
- Grab handle
- Floor mounting plates
- 12 months on site
- Complies with all current legislative requirements
- CE Marked
This product is not available to purchase online. Please contact the office for more information.